Friday, June 27, 2008

Love this lead

I'm a little late on much of my reading this week--primarily because I've had my nose buried in textbook writing and editing. So I just got around at lunch today to reading the City Pulse review of The Girls in 509.

I absolutely love the imagery in this lead:
“The Girls in 509,” the latest Summer Circle production from Michigan State University, reminds us how much American satire has changed through the decades. Howard Teichmann’s script, published in 1959, is political and ironic but lacks the sharp teeth to be biting. Teichmann cuts the political tomato with a butter knife, broadly mashing this juicy subject into mass-appealing ketchup instead of slicing to its seedy core.
That's some mighty fine writing. I applaud you, Paul Wozniak.

No comments: