Thursday, May 15, 2008

Lots to blog about, but...

I was looking forward to blogging this week. I'd seen both "Annie Get Your Gun" and "All in the Timing" over the weekend and had things I wanted to say about both. The East Lansing Art Fair is coming up and the arts & crafts business that I'm co-owner of will be exhibiting just west of the Union. I had an absolutely delightful interview with Diane Newman of Happendance and she touched upon many great ideas that I wanted to explore further here.

However, we came home Tuesday night to learn that Richard's father was in intensive care. They don't expect him to survive. We spent all day today in the hospital.

If his father doesn't make it, that will be the fourth family death we've experienced in the past six months. I haven't got much mental or emotional energy for blogging right now.

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

What unbelievably sad news. My prayers to you and Richard's family.

Bridgette Redman said...

Thank you. It's appreciated.

They've moved him from the ICU to hospice. It's just a matter of time now.

Anonymous said...

Sorry to hear the news. Your family will be in our thoughts.

Bridgette Redman said...

Thank you.

His father died at 1:30 this (Friday) morning.

Anonymous said...

Bridgette and Rick, I am so sorry about your father. It is so hard to lose a parent, my prayers are with you.

Anonymous said...

I'm so sorry to hear about your loss, Bridgette. Sending you and your family prayers and good thoughts.
-Tony Caselli