Tuesday, August 28, 2007

Oscar Wilde awards

Wednesday night is the Oscar Wilde Awards at the Gem Theatre in Detroit. Richard and I are planning to attend while our little guy is off on a vacation with his grandparents.

I went to the ceremony last year where I met in person for the first time many of the BoarsHead folks and Tony Casselli from Williamston. Has it truly been only a year?

The ceremony was a great deal of fun--it was an evening filled with vigorous laughter. The PrideSource people really know how to put on a great party. They make an evening out of it with a cocktail reception beforehand and a dessert bar afterward.

It's also a great way to spotlight Detroit theater. I learned about many groups I'd never heard about, making me wish that I had time to get to see theater downstate. While I've managed to make it to Kalamazoo, Grand Rapids, and Jackson to theater, I haven't gotten any further east than Ann Arbor, despite having grown up in the Detroit area and despite still having family there.

It should be a fun evening. I'll try to write about it, but not tomorrow night for certain. Perhaps by Thursday.

No comments: