Thursday, August 16, 2007

Flyover

My original intent with this blog was to ruminate on theatrical matters as well as talk about individual shows and local events.

I've mostly been sidetracked from that mission because most of my theatrical ruminations have been taking place on the blog that I write with three of my colleagues from the NEA fellowship I attended last February. It's a blog that we wrote for sometime before moving it to Arts Journal. We started out as art.rox.com and then when we moved, we changed our name to "Flyover: Art in the American Outback." I've been astounded at the readership the blog has gained at Arts Journal. We get picked up by all sorts of media outlets including the PBS Culture blog in San Diego, the Chronicle of Philanthropy, the Orlando Sentinel, and numerous other blogs.

It's also been fascinating to me because of the sheer brilliance of my fellow writers. I'm constantly learning from them and challenged to consider new perspectives. They remind me of how far I still have to go in my talents and open up new horizons to explore.

That said, I would like to get back to more philosophical entries here. Even if it means linking to conversations I've already had there.

No comments: