Sunday, September 21, 2008

Rumors

I really wish I'd been able to get around to writing about the Lansing Civic Players' Rumors before today. Their final production begins in about 90 minutes and it is a show well worth seeing. It has the greatest depth of a show I've seen at LCP recently. Every single actor does a superior job and is a delight to watch.

The script itself isn't one of Neil Simon's cleanest endeavors, but it is still a lot of fun and is filled with sufficient satire to keep the audience laughing. Indeed, laughter was a frequent noise in the theater when I went last Sunday. The performances were crisp, clean, and quickly paced.

The set and costumes were also stunning.

I will try to get back to writing more about Rumors, but for now I need to get ready to go see Well at Michigan State University.

No comments: