Thursday, January 17, 2008

Back to Blogging

Hello out there--to any faithful readers who have stuck by through my rather lengthy hiatus.

I have one book done and most of the chapters written for the other one. Only one and a half more to go and the first drafts will be completed. It's slowly freeing up the other portions of my brain to go back to the world of theater and the arts.

My goal for 2009 is to not use up my vacation time at work doing freelance work.

But enough about me and back to theater.

It's been a busy few months in the local theater world with lots of wonderful shows being performed. I was fortunate enough to catch Moonlight and Magnolias at BoarsHead, Reindeer Monologues at Ledges Playhouse/Creole, Rumpelstiltskin at Riverwalk, The 25th Annual Putnam County Spelling Bee at Wharton, Macbeth at Lansing Community College, Sunny Jazz and Holiday Memories at the Ruhala Center, and some musical concerts.

This weekend I'm planning to catch A New Brain at Peppermint Creek and Boeing Boeing at Lansing Civic Players before joining my parents for a joint anniversary celebration.

Now, rather than shove all my news into one blog entry and have nothing to write about tomorrow or Tuesday, I'm going to tease instead. In the next several entries I'll visit these topics:
  • End-of-year radio show done with Jim Fordyce at WILS
  • New Year's resolutions for the arts--my progress
  • One of our local treasures is blogging again with symphony reviews
  • How the Bee kept me from applying to Harvard
  • Upcoming change in my column and features that you can read throughout the year, starting Jan. 31

No comments: